Kodak Electra XD Plates
The ELECTRA XD Thermal Plate builds upon the technology of the world's best-selling thermal printing plates. ELECTRA XD Plates deliver outstanding performance both in prepress and in the pressroom where they are rated for up to 500,000 impressions unbaked. The novel and patented plate technology of the ELECTRA XD Plate supports high resolution imaging to deliver consistent, high quality printing.
- Extremely durable, delivering one of the longest unbaked run lengths on the market.
- Patented design delivers exceptional durability and dot stability on press, providing excellent color control and consistent reproduction throughout the full press run.
- Extraordinarily sharp detail for extremely long, stable runs in both AM and FM applications.
- Elimination of preheating and fast imaging and processing, helps maximize productivity in prepress.
- Less developer consumption, longer bath life and cleaner processing reduces cost per plate and minimizes chemical waste, maintenance, and impact on the environment.
ELECTRA XD Plates can be a key element to improving the Stability of your printing business, helping you achieve your quality, efficiency, profitability, and environmental goals. Learn more about how KODAK Solutions can help you improve your Stability.
Non-ablative, positive working, thermal digital plate with wide operating latitude; optional postbake for extremely long runs and resistance to aggressive press chemistry such as UV inks and blanket washes.
High-quality medium to long-run sheetfed and heatset / coldset web offset applications
|Spectral sensitivity||800 - 850 nm|
|Laser energy required||
90 - 110 mJ/cm2 with KODAK 400 xLo Chemistry System or KODAK 300 Thermal Plate Developer
1% to 98% @ 300 lpi
|Run length||500,000 impressions unbaked
Dependent upon image resolution, press, press chemical, ink and paper conditions.
None required - daylight handling